Updated: Jun 14, 2021
The beginning of 2020 shook the entire world with the breaking of a pandemic that capsized the very existence of mankind. For our generation, old and new, this is the first time we have been faced with an upheaval of this magnitude. Yet 2020 has been a year of tremendous growth and change. A whole new way of co-existing.
To leave 2020 behind and progress into 2021 we must introspect on the smallest of changes we experienced in every aspect of our life, our surroundings and the change within us. Have we metamorphosed and grown to conquer the blockages we faced? Or have we given up on the current situation? Our memories are short lived. Human beings have always been known to survive the odds and get past any experience, the strength and uniqueness that our mind possesses.
To speak of the mind, it is a word that aims to encompass the processes that happen in our brain: thought, consciousness, perception, patterns, beliefs, desires, values, etc. There are 3 main types of mind- Conscious, Unconscious and Subconscious mind.
The conscious mind is only 10% of our existence and 90% is our subconscious mind which withholds all the past experiences (+ and -), core beliefs (+ and -), memories (+ and -), emotions, feelings (+ and -) and patterns (+ and -). In unconscious mind the processes in the mind occur automatically and are not available for introspection.
As a Life Strategist & therapist, I bridge the gap between the conscious and the subconscious by identifying, evaluating and decoding the concerns which cause the extremities. So let us follow basic guidelines and precautions to move towards a desirable 2021. These can help you overcome the past negativity and help you progress towards feeling motivated and invigorated for a start anew.
Downfall of Relationships during COVID-19
Our lives are confined to our homes, and our kitchen tables have become our cubicles. We all are failing to understand its complexity. We are struggling to find a way to deal with this current situation with more objectivity and perseverance.
Thinking about your own life: Are your relationships genuine? Do you feel confident? Do you feel secure? For a significant amount of people, the answer to all these questions is ‘no.” We may pretend but deep down we feel empty and lonely.
As a Life Strategist & therapist, I'll explain to you how subconsciously our past affects our present relationships. How we are in our relationships is imprinted within us since childhood. The understanding of how to be in relationships comes from what we have seen in our surroundings as children, mainly our parents. How our parents act and react in their relationships is very unknowingly absorbed by us in our growing years.
Our Next Step Forward - Seek professional help
• Complex real-life situations can be reversed by understanding and eliminating the root cause of the relationship concerns and the complications that underlie in the subconscious mind.
• By working on the energy in and around you, which is the direct and the driving force of everything that exists you can experience life-changing transformation to achieve a life-altering state.
• Find a therapist who can understand, empathize and listen to you with an open mind and complete objectivity.
• The openness to seek help, will allow you to heal and restore your relationship issues. All you need to do is surrender, believe and trust.
Basic tips for you to embody in your daily life to heal your relationships
• You can hold relationship meetings once a week to reflect on what are the things you are doing well as a family. Discuss on how you can change or improve to better the relationships.
• Be more patient, understanding and kind to make your relationship work during tough times. All of us are feeling overwhelmed, and are likely to feel the rigor of this crisis.
• Make plans together. This is an excellent time to do budgeting and financial planning. It’s also a great time to discuss life after the pandemic.
• Try a new hobby: gardening, cooking, knitting, writing letters to each other expressing your true feelings and emotions, this will enable you to build stronger bonds.
• Have fun together by watching something light and funny after a crazy day to lighten up your moods. Laughter is medicine for the soul.
Financial uncertainty during COVID - 19
The financial downturn has been felt by all. Are our survival instincts being challenged with insecurities pervading and numbing us? We all are battling a war of thoughts within us, questioning life itself? Our minds are clogged with fearful presumptions causing mental blocks, limiting the possibilities?
What can we do?
• Take some time out and openly discuss your financial alteration plans with your family.
• Be a role model for your family and educate them to save money and live through this pandemic bravely.
• Create a vision board of how you wish to maneuver 2021 with faith and belief.
• Reduce your expenses and safeguard your finances mindfully.
• Discuss and have open conversations regarding the finances with your family to get everyone on the same page. This will create better understanding and willingness to help with the finances.
Health distortion during COVID - 19
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to a dramatic loss of human life worldwide and presents an unprecedented challenge to public health. Depression is much more profound, and devastating than simply feeling sad. It is a real mental health condition which affects both the mind and body. If you need to talk through what you’re feeling, don’t hesitate to do that with someone you trust and believe in. Allow yourself to express as is with complete honesty.
• Penning down your thoughts will make you feel in control of your thoughts, instead of your thoughts controlling you. Emotional wellbeing is a major part of our mental health.
• Take care of your body. If you want to feel better physically, you need to feel better emotionally. First, get your sweat on. Exercise is one of the best ways to get those feel-good endorphins flowing and releasing the unwanted toxins and stress.
• Stick to regular routines as much as possible. You may need to create a new routine to account for working at home, exercising indoors, caring for your family, cleaning, and other daily activities.
• Try meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, or another mindfulness or relaxation technique. Mindfulness can help lower blood pressure, reduce stress, support your immune system, and protect brain and mental health.
• Connect with your loved ones often to feel calm and lighter within. Family comes first.
Lost your authentic self during COVID - 19
“Nourish yourself in a way that will help you blossom in 2021”.
From the time we were young, we have been taught that we are not enough as we are. You cannot pretend to be someone that you are not, plenty of people try but they ultimately fail. Everyone wants us to think, look and behave in different ways. Due to this peer pressure we lose our real authentic self.
As a Life Strategist & therapist, I believe you can find your real authentic self by reversing complex real-life situations through guidance and consistent help. This enables you to unblock the layers which create a barrier between your conscious and the subconscious mind. The core beliefs and recurring patterns stemming from the roots if identified and worked on by using multiple alternative techniques can reverse your life 100%. We facilitate and empower you to be the creator of your own reality and destiny.
Use these tips to stay positive, grounded, and calm. These simple steps can drastically improve your Mind-Body connection
Be grounded and attached to your roots of being your authentic self.
Focus on things you can control which means you only have control of your life and not others. Shift the focus on yourself.
Focus your thoughts on the present things to be grateful for today. Past is over and the future does not exist. Be in the now.
Lean on your personal beliefs and faith for support not on others.
Acknowledge and appreciate yourself first to embrace what others do for you.
Be grateful for all that you have good health, money, love and care.
Imbibe meditation as a part of your daily schedule to live mindful life in 2021.
Seek help. Change the way you are living by creating a life which you deserve the most.
Allow yourself to be constantly in touch with your feelings and emotions. This will bring clarity and objectivity in situations.
Life is as you believe it, perceive it and live it.
Written by- Arpita Bhandari
Your mental health matters as much as your physical health. Don't hesitate to take a step towards your mental well-being. If you’re looking at talking to a professional, book your Initial Consultation with us on https://www.themoodspace.com/freeconsultation or write to us at email@example.com. Take a step towards bettering your mental wellbeing because you deserve it!